Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operations Principals
- Service Operation Processes
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organizing Service Operation: Functions
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks.
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the Version 3 Foundation or Version 2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate), which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
- Examination Format : Multiple Choice, scenario based, gradient scored questions.
- Number of Questions : 8
- Pass Score : 28/40 or 70%
- Delivery : Online or Paper Based
- Exam Duration : Maximum sixty minutes (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their native language have a maximum of seventy-five minutes and are allowed the use of a dictionary)
- Open/Closed Book : Closed Book